No subject

Steve Clancy sclancy at uci.edu
Wed Oct 8 13:13:20 EDT 1997

Greetings.

My earlier message evidently never made to the list, so here goes again!

The UCI Library's Web Design Team is currently investigating search
engines for our web site. I would be interested in what search engines (if
any) have been installed on your local library (or campus) web site.

Is it a locally developed product, or a commercial one?  What are the
good/bad features. If commercial, what was the upfront cost, and/or the
annual fee.  Would you recommend it?

I would be happy to summarize any responses I receive for the list.

Thanks in advance!

--Steve Clancy

    Steve Clancy MLS, Science Library, Univ. of California, Irvine
          P.O. Box 19556, Irvine, CA 92623-9556 U.S.A.
   714-824-7309 * http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~sclancy * sclancy at uci.edu