Stock Graphics

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
Fri Oct 3 12:20:41 EDT 1997

At 8:13 AM -0700 10/3/97, Paula Gray-Overtoom wrote:
>Our library is attempting to add a few more images to our Web pages to add
>interest/emphasis.

One problem with stock graphics is that they all too often are recognized
as images from elsewhere. You might want to consider scanning some public
domain images or photographs that will be unique to your site.

This is not always the easiest way to go as you need to spend time
maipulating the image in Photoshop or other software but there is a certain
satisfaction with having images that only your site has.

For example the image at:
    http://www.gtu.edu/library/ArchiveBuchler.html

which is a luggage tag from 1941 adds a great deal of drama to a page that
is just a finding aid for part of our archives.

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
(currently Gilles Poitras gpoitras at gtu.edu)
Graduate Theological Union Library
2400 Ridge Road         Berkeley, California, USA
http://www.gtu.edu/library/