Turning off E-Mail

Roy Lewis rcl at onramp.net
Wed Nov 26 09:03:21 EST 1997

These Browsers that do not have the Email program in them will not
recognize the mailto: command.  You still would need to use a filter to
restrict certin URL's  I really see no reason to block Hotmail or Rocket
mail or Yahoo mail.  It is just the email programs that reside on the local
computer that are a problem.  I feel that email is as important to the WWW
as any other function as long as the data does not remain on the local
computer the patron would not spend any more time with it than doing any
othe search and surf.

Roy Lewis

At 12:45 PM 11/25/97 -0800, Vladislav S. Davidzon wrote:
>But the question that comes up in my mind is what about mailto: URL's?
>Also what about CGI forms and such services as hotmail?  Is there any
>known way to block such sites (other than using filtering software such as
>CyberPatrol?)
>
>Thanks
>
>Vladislav

*********
Automation Consultant, Northeast Texas Library System
972-205-2571 FAX=972-205-2767
rcl at onramp.net http://rampages.onramp.net/~rcl/rcl.htm
*********