Printer recommendations?

Jim Richards jrichards at megsinet.net
Wed Nov 19 16:21:21 EST 1997

MVANHOUTEN at PCI.ALBION.EDU wrote:

> Does anyone have recommendations for printers to attach to library
> public (reference) PCs? We are currently using Epson LX-300s, but are
> interested in moving to something faster, and better for printing web
> pages, full-text articles, etc. Anyone using Deskjets or something similar?
> We plan to have a printer with each PC, rather than networking several
> PCs to a shared printer. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Mike
> Michael Van Houten
> Head of Public Services
> Stockwell-Mudd Libraries
> Albion College
> 602 E. Cass St.
> Albion, MI 49224
> mvanhouten at albion.edu
> (517) 629-0382
> fax: (517) 629-0504
We're using the old HP 4L's.  They work great especially since the paper
tray is somewhat "hidden".  If you really want color though, I would
suggest looking into the Lexmark line of inkjets.  They're quite a bit
faster than Epson, Cannon, and HP.  They run about the same price too.
The only draw back is the cartridges are hard to find.

Jim Richards   Network Administrator
Naperville Public Libraries