Is Yahoo! still useful?

Joe Barker jbarker at library.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 19 13:03:14 EST 1997

I think EINet Galaxy, with its reviews, is often a very useful research
aid. http://lmc.einet.net/galaxy.html
	In the advanced searching classes I teach, I recommend Yahoo! not
as a general web searching tool, but one of several sources for pages
rich in links on some topics.  I suggest searching for a topic term and
"indices" in Yahoo.
	I also recommend Argus Clearinghouse, Galaxy, the Internet Librarian,
the WWWVirtual Library mirrored at Stanford (mentioned earlier in this
discussion).  And some other rich sites like MVRD.
	For a complete listing of these pages and the other resources
recommended in this advanced course, see:
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/
			Guides/Internet/BeyondWeb.html#Webliographies

Joe Barker, Teaching Library, UC Berkeley