Web Page Editing -- Buttons -Reply

Karen Harker KHARKE at MEDNET.SWMED.EDU
Wed Nov 19 09:20:06 EST 1997

The buttons are graphics, and need to be developed in a graphics
software application.  We use PaintShopPro, which as a utility to
create buttons (buttonize).  The text on the button becomes a part of
the graphic, and therefore is not text, but graphic.

When you have developed your button, you can place it using HTML, then
you need to map the image.  I do not know how or if you can do this
with Pro97, but in AOLPress, there is a utility to do this.

You may want to create a large graphic and divide this graphic into
smaller buttons, which may make it easier to place it on the page.

Karen R. Harker
Information Resource Center Web Developer
UT Southwestern Medical Library
Dallas, Texas
http://www.swmed.edu/home_pages/library/

>>> John Rosenhamer <jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us> 11/18/97 04:15pm >>>
I'm working on new pages for our library, and I would like to include
some large buttons.  These need be large enough to hold their title.
I think
I want to put them along the left edge in a frame.

How can I get the buttons, or make the buttons.

How can I get the text inside the buttons.

I am using Pro97 as an editor.  I like the non-qui interface and the
clean
HTML.  I've tried (and have) Word's editor, Hot Dog, etc., but I
continually
have trouble getting the parts where I want them.  So I like Pro97,
even
with its shortcomings.

John

John H. Rosenhamer                            Technical Service
Librarian
Oklahoma City Community College
7777 S. May Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK  73013                     (405) 682-1611 x7229
jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us                   Fax: (405) 682-7585
jrosenhamer at dante.okc.cc.ok.us