Which way to go? -

mbancroft at ssc.nsw.gov.au mbancroft at ssc.nsw.gov.au
Tue Nov 18 20:15:23 EST 1997

In our public library we plan to install a small ( 10 user) public access
LAN to give patrons access to the internet and CD-ROMs. When I started
lurking on this truly informative list (This is my first post), there was
some discussion of the merits of accessing information on  CD-ROM vs the
WWW.  From what I read here I believe each has its pros and cons.
I do not expect you good people to rehash the debate just for my benefit
but  I am seeking advice or opinion on what sort of balance to aim for. I
would also appreciate input on a related issue:
We want to look at loading CD-ROMs as files on hard disk. Is anyone doing
this and if so are there any benefits other than access speed?

Thank You

Max Bancroft
Sutherland Shire Libraries and Information Service.
Sutherland.
NSW Australia