Is Yahoo! still useful?

CMUNSON CMUNSON at aaas.org
Tue Nov 18 16:07:40 EST 1997

     Yahoo! has been one of the premiere web directories for several years,
     but I'm beginning to wonder if it's really up-to-date. Does anyone
     know of any articles or studies on Yahoo! or its content? I've
     submitted web sites half a dozen times to Yahoo! and they never got
     added. One was work-related and I asked 4 times over 6 months. Given
     the exponential increase in web content you'd think you'd see a
     corresponding increase in the number of new sites added.

     I see little evidence of this at Yahoo!

     Any observations?

     Chuck Munson
     AAAS