here's how: to accurately filter web4lib using MS Outlook's Inbox

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Fri Nov 14 18:12:09 EST 1997

Roger Harrison writes:
> I was having a problem with how Outlook's Inbox Assistant dealt with
> messages from web4lib, because they don't show up with a unique TO: or
> FROM:.  The FROM: is always the individual sender, and the TO: is
> "Multiple recipients of list," which also matches CDROMLAN and many
> others.

I'm not sure about Outlook's Inbox Assistant, but my Netscape
Communicator 4.0 filters and sends all web4lib material to a designated
folder. Simple rule logic is
          TO: contains "web4lib"
since that is a unique string within that field. This is "contains"
rather than "equals," if the Inbox Assistant can apply that operator.

Cheers,
-ernest
Ernest Perez//Oregon State Library//perez at opac.state.or.us//503-378-4243