Media Resources Librarian

Peter Green greenp at boris.curtin.edu.au
Fri Nov 14 00:39:07 EST 1997

I have a request from a collegue in South Africa who is working as a Media
Resources Librarian. She would like to get in contact with other librarians
doing the same sort of work. Her request is below. Please respond directly
to her. Suggested lists (other than web4lib) would also be very welcome.

"We have a nice-sized media centre in the library where we have a number of
telemonitors and multimedia pcs for viewing cd-roms and indexing cd-roms
and where the internet can be accessed. We also have a slide collection and
microfiche reader etc. I'd like to hear from people who work in similar
facilities to get new ideas and more particularly hear how
slide collections are dealt with and computer problems - an
ever-increasing bugbear. I'm also supposed to help with planning new
services. The academic libraries around Durban are not terribly up to date
on these issues, so I thought making contact with other reputable libraries
elsewhere would be interesting.
Thanks
Claudia
claudiaa at umfolozi.ntech.ac.za"