History of library home page design

Bill Trefzger billt at nist.gov
Thu Nov 13 12:06:16 EST 1997

Eric,
We recently published an article about our web site which includes nice
contrasting images of the original home page and the current one, as well
as some discussion of design considerations:
http://www.computer.org/internet/ic1997/w5035abs.htm

Note that we are now redesigning again--a design gets stale pretty fast!

Bill

At 07:42 AM 11/13/97 -0800, Eric Rumsey wrote:
>Does anyone know of an archive of old library web site pages? - I'm wanting
>to trace the evolution of library home page design over the last 2-3 years
>.. starting from the time when the predominant motif for the library home
>page was to have the entire first screen of the home page taken up by a
>PHOTO of the library!
>
>  --Eric
>
>*       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *
>Eric Rumsey,
>Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
>University of Iowa, Iowa City IA 52242
>http://www.arcade.uiowa.edu/hardin-www/home.html
><eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu>
>319-335-9875 (voice), 319-335-9897 (fax)

              Bill Trefzger
NIST Electronic Information  phone:(301)975-2146
     & Publications Program  fax:(301)869-8071
        Bldg 101, Room E106  mailto:billt at nist.gov
     Gaithersburg, MD 20899  http://nvl.nist.gov/