web search inconsistencies

Russell Henning rhenning at fsc.follett.com
Fri Nov 7 10:39:32 EST 1997

NGT writes:

     "...The point is that as a professional searcher who has
     seen the accuracy of powerful engines including Dialog,
     BRS, STN and reliable CD ROM products, I'm wondering when
     we are going to be offered this type of accuracy with the
     web..."

 Did I miss the repeal of the "get-what-you-pay-for" law? :)

 When the cost to use Alta Vista, et al. approaches the cost of
 more powerful CD-ROM search tools, it would be reasonable to
 expect them to perform similarly.

 The value/price ratio is still very high.

 Russ
 rhenning at fsc.follett.com