telnet links

Robert Rasmussen ras at nimbus.anzio.com
Mon Nov 3 12:17:06 EST 1997

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, JQ Johnson wrote:

> If your PC telnet program accepts switches, you can customize your Netscape
> or MSIE settings to pass switches (including port number) to the program in
> the format it expects.  Details of how to set this up depend on browser
> version.  Since I'm a Mac user at the moment, I'll defer to a PC person to
> describe the setup for Netscape 4, which is somewhat obscure.

I have looked in vain for documentation from Netscape on how to customize this
information. I've looked in published books, on their web site, and in their
online help. I think they haven't published it, which makes it easier to
change it every release!

My solution has been to adapt our telnet (Anzio Lite) to work with the
parameters that Netscape and IE send it, as well as possible.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760