default printing in Adobe Acrobat

karen hartman khartman at mwcgw.mwc.edu
Fri Nov 7 13:53:21 EST 1997

Our library recently decided to allow users to print from our public
workstations with Internet access.  Among the more popular sources our
students like to print from are college course descriptions available in PDF
format  through a subscription to CollegeSource Online.  Usually the
students are interested in printing individual course descriptions to
determine if they are able to transfer credit from another institution to
ours.

We would like to know if anyone is aware of a way to change the
DEFAULT print range setting in Adobe Acrobat Reader from the entire
document to the current page only.  Our public workstations use
Netscape 4.03 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.01. Additionally, we are
attempting to do this as inexpensively as possible.  We would prefer not
to purchase a product like Fortress or Ikiosk.

Thank you very much for your thought in this matter.

Karen Hartman
Mary Washington College