Maxine Marks Feinberg maxif at li.net
Sat May 31 14:35:56 EDT 1997

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to help me out.
I am no longer climbing the walls.  I thank you.  The walls thank
you.

BTW, special thanks to Craig Booher for pointing out that I could
also use the ISO character set coding for superscripts 1, 2 and 3
(namely, ¹ ²  and &#179, respectively).

Now, the question is:  other than for situations involving numbers
higher than 3, when would one use character set coding vs html
coding?  I have learned that the character set coding apparently
doesn't work too well in Mac browsers, but I also don't know how well
the <sup></sup> does in comparison.

Maxine Marks Feinberg
aka maxif at li.net
Cybrarian wannabe
Graduate Assistant and MLS Candidate, St. John's University