Meta-search engines

Jack Solock jacks at cs.wisc.edu
Fri May 30 10:05:15 EDT 1997

Meta-search engines, as I understand them, are search engines that search
multiple search engines, either at the same time, or one by one.

Some examples that search multiple engines at once are:

MetaCrawler
http://www.metacrawler.com/

SavvySearch
http://savvy.cs.colostate.edu:2000/

DogPile and MetaSearch
http://www.dogpile.com/
http://www.metafind.com/

An example of a meta-search page that searches one site at a time,
but contains connections to hundreds of search sites is:

c|net's search.com
http://search.com

Hope this helps.

Jack

Jack Solock					jacks at cs.wisc.edu
Internet Librarian--Internet Scout Project	608-262-6606
Editor--The Scout Report
Dept. of Computer Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/scout -- Internet Scout Project Home Page