Use of Java/JavaScripts on library homepages

Bill Drew drewwe at morrisville.edu
Fri May 30 09:55:37 EDT 1997

I am again doing a workshop for librarians in Central New York titled
"Internet For Non-Beginners: The World Wide Web".  It focuses on what
the web is, using and configuring Netscape, Search Engines and
Herarchical Lists, JavaScripts/Java, Nuts and Bolts of HTML, and  What
makes a good library page.

I am asking again for applications of Java/JavScripts on library
webpages.  I am not after banners or scrolling notices, I am after
innovative and unique uses that go beyond uisng "onmouseover" and such
functions.

The URL for my last presentation of this workshop is:

http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/workshop/11-15-96.htm

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/
SUNYLA'97: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/sunyla/sunyla97.htm