Our mission in the Internet Age (was E-mail in libraries)

Stephen Bero sbero at rml.alibrary.com
Thu May 29 09:51:56 EDT 1997

The mission of the library is given by its patrons. If patrons come to see
the library as a vital nexus of electronic communication and information
exchange, and if - big proviso - they are willing to support this role with
their tax or tuition dollars, then we librarians must organize our tasks
and select the necessary resources, both human and material, to fulfill our
obligation to our mission-givers.

Stephen P. Bero
Reference and Technology Resources Librarian
Rolling Meadows Library
3110 Martin Lane
Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008-2698
Vox 847-259-6050 ext.137