Community Event

Steve Peace speace at cybernautics.com
Wed May 21 21:52:14 EDT 1997

Although this is slightly off-topic, I thought the project was compelling
enough, in its potential to demonstrate the positive aspects of online
community building, to merit the posting.

I wanted to let you know about Virtual Stand for Children, a non-profit web
event to showcase children's advocacy issues.  Its intent is to let people
in the community know what they can do to make a positive impact on
children's lives.  One of the ways you can support this event, and children
in your community, is to place a button or banner on your site, between May
23 and June 7.   Some of the web sites that have already agreed to feature
our banners are Yahoo!, WebCrawler, The Discovery Channel and Parent Soup.
I've included some information that should walk you through what the event
is all about.  Thanks in advance for your support.

To download Virtual Stand For Children banners, buttons and logos, visit
http://www.stand.org/banners. If you need more information about Virtual
Stand For Children, visit our web site at http://www.stand.org, or contact
Nalini Kotamraju, Producer of Virtual Stand For Children at
nalini at stand.org or (800) 663 4032 ext 23.

Virtual Stand For Children is sponsored by the Calvert Group, Bright
Horizons, Silicon Graphics Computer Systems and the Freddie Mac Foundation.
Stand For Children is a national umbrella organization whose mission is to
build and support a strong network of local children's activists engaging
in needed advocacy, awareness-raising, and direct service
initiatives for children as part of Children's Action Teams (CATs). Stand
For Children is a separate 501(c)3 affiliate of the Children's Defense
Fund. It does not accept government funds.web4lib at library.berkeley.edu

Steve Peace
speace at cybernautics.com
(415) 289-1580 ext.135