Fortres 101 and Anti-virus software

Steve Hooley! hooleyss at gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU
Fri May 16 12:20:22 EDT 1997

        We have the same problem - plus WinGuard includes a cool SHRED FILE
option that patrons don't need in a security environment. Dr Sol will tell
you how to turn this off if needed, but we run the DOS VirusGuard and it
doesn't interfere too badly besides making apps crash if a virus-laden disk
is inserted. We get NYB boot virus all the time even with Fortres running
(hint: Norton Disk Doctor can restore partitions damaged by boot viruses).
Good luck, all...

|   Stephen S. Hooley         |  Statesboro Ga
|  Romulan Tech Assistant     |  Home of the
|    Henderson Library        |  Statesboro
|"It's Only a Job Description"|  Blues
| Georgia Southern University |