Fortress 101

Mike Dargan Michael.Dargan at uni.edu
Thu May 15 17:25:37 EDT 1997

I think Fortres is one of the best at this point.  It had a few problems
with the first release of the Win 95 version (very easy to defeat), but
seem to have plugged all those holes.  Fortres not claims to protect the
Win 95 registry, which is a big plus, and they also have a LAN version for
easy administration.

         I've found that Fortres 101 doesnt't keep web browsers (e.g.
         MSIE3.0) from using File/Open/all files to look around on the
         hard drive.  Aside from using the policy editor is there a
         way for Fortres 101 defeat the browser?