Adobe Acrobat and Capture

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Thu May 15 15:41:57 EDT 1997

     WebPublisher (http://www.skisoft.com) is far ahead of the others in
     the longer-document category.  We have tested Adobe Capture, HTML
     Transit, the SoftQuad HotMetal Information Manager, and WebPublisher -
     and WebPublisher is comfortably ahead of the others  It runs in batch
     or file-by-file, is configurable, and the firm that writes it is still
     small enough to still care about their craft.

     We do a fairly high volume of conversion work - several hundred
     different documents from varying sources is not unusual - and use Perl
     for some of it and WebPublisher for the rest.

     Earl Young