Fortress 101

Migell Acosta macosta at pen.ci.santa-monica.ca.us
Thu May 15 09:10:00 EDT 1997

Mary:

We've been using the product for about three months on eight public
access internet stations.  It works well for us in that the security is
pretty tight (remember to protect the CMOS settings independently - this
product doesn't do it), it is easy for an administrator with the proper
password to overide and service the PC, and the price ain't too bad.
Their number is 800-331-0372 and they also have a Web site with trial
downloads (www.fortres.com).

My only importatn advice is to configure the PC exacly as you want it to
behave and then install Fortres as the last step to lock it up.  If you
do Fortres first, then it's a pain to have to overide the security for
every subsequent change you want to make.

	- Migell