Java doesn't print?

David Risner drisner at swlaw.edu
Wed May 14 19:06:50 EDT 1997

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Harry M. Kriz wrote:

> About a month ago I asked if anyone knew of a Web browser that would print
> the graphs produced by a Java applet.
>
> >From the couple of responses I've gotten it appears that Java does not
> support printing at all at this time. If that is the case, then Java is a
> long way from replacing my desktop applications.

My understanding is that Java 1.1 supports printing.  Java 1.1 is already
supported in part in Netscape Communicator 4.0 PR4.  The applet would have
to be reworked to the Java 1.1 standard (I think some minor changes in
the event handling structure and recompiling using the 1.1 JDK.)

In other words, by the end of summer, this should be a pretty standard
feature.  Unless I'm misreading the Java 1.1 stuff.

--
David G. Risner -- Network Systems Administrator
Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
Business: drisner at swlaw.edu Personal: dgrisner at netcom.com
Home Page: http://members.aol.com/dgrisner/Home.html