Equipment for Presentations

Kyle Harriss kharriss at d.umn.edu
Thu May 8 00:32:33 EDT 1997

Just a note:  I think the preferred input on VCR's and televisions, is
"SVHS".  I've also seen that this helps with the VGA to Video signal
converters.  Using standard "video in" jacks, there tends to be some color
bleed.  If you have to use the old fashioned jacks, adjust the color on
the set (turn DOWN the color - the closer to black and white you get, the
less color bleed).

SVHS provides some additional control over colors, and a clearer picture.
Especially helpful for small text and images with fine detail.

With standard TV sets in the US, you are still limited to either 640x480
resolution or some sort of image compression between the computer and
TV - possible resulting in poorer image quality.

Kyle Harriss				kharriss at d.umn.edu
Tech Services 				voice: 218-726-6546
UMD Library				fax:   218-726-8019
Duluth, MN  55812