[Fwd: Re: 304 code]

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Wed May 7 20:36:27 EDT 1997

Thanks to all for quick response on my dumb question about Web log 304
code. I got NINE responses telling me variations of "It's the message
that you get when the file in your cache is still up-to-date. So, the
Web server doesn't send a new duplicate copy, and the cache file simply
displays."

I did get one comment bringing up an interesting point of how this might
affect logstat reports.... (BTW, code # 200 mentioned below means the
file was successfully transmitted in response to a request)