website table creation how to's

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Fri May 2 13:11:24 EDT 1997

After looking at the table tutorial, I must discourage its use. It is
riddled with bad coding practices and downright wrong HTML. The
unfortunate thing is that it may display ok in Netscape, thus lulling one
into complacency (as it apparently has the author of those pages), but it
is completely non-standard markup and will sooner or later (my bet is
sooner) result in disaster. Please go elsewhere to learn about tables.
Roy Tennant