web graphics firing off anti-virus software

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Thu May 1 11:07:01 EDT 1997

At 08:22 AM 5/1/97 -0700, you wrote:

>. . .every once in a
>while is that Norton jumps up thinking that a graphic being downloaded
>from a web page by Netscape contains a virus.  Does anybody else have
>this problem with Norton or any other anti-virus software? . . .

Not directly the same problem since we don't yet use Norton's Web Shield.
BUT
When we run Norton's VirusScan and it hits Netscape's Disk cache it does
--frequently-- give us interesting warnings that certain graphics files ".
. . may not be executable.""  Which of course they are not ---
Why on some and not others haven't figured out yet.

Paul H. Gray
Learning Resources Manager   *VOICE (817)515-6623
TCJC NE LRC                  *FAX (817)515-6275
828 Harwood Road             *E-MAIL phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054