Strange Table behavior in Netscape

Bobb Menk bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us
Mon May 19 07:57:42 EDT 1997

Earl,

>      How did you create the table?  Did you use an HTML editor, vi,
>      Word, or what?  On which server software are you testing the
>      table?  Did you validate the code against an HTML verifier?  I
>      apologize for responding with a slug of techno-questions.

The table was created using a standard HTML editor (HomeSite) and I'm
testing it on O'Reilly's WebSite 1.1 under NT 3.51.  The code has
been tested against the "Bobby" service at CAST.  (Techno-questions
demand techno-answers and "techno" is what I need at the moment ;).

I've had two suggestions so far that it may be a Netscape 3.0 problem
since it appears to go away under 3.1.  I'm downloading 3.1 even now
to test it against the full page.

Bobb

bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us