Netscape vs. IExplorer Admin Kits?

Steve Hunt steve at lalaw.lib.ca.us
Fri May 9 19:49:05 EDT 1997

Does anybody have experience with the Netscape or Internet Explorer
Administration Kits?

I found out that Microsoft sells the Internet Explorer Administration
Kit for $20, while Netscape sells theirs for $2000. Big difference in
price!  I guess this is part of Microsoft's strategy to put Netscape
out of business; give away for free everything Netscape has to sell.

I like Netscape better,  but we may consider switching our
public-access workstations to Internet Explorer because of this
drastic difference in price.

Not to bash Microsoft too much, I hope that public libraries know
that they are eligible to purchase Microsoft products at the steep
educational discount price.

URLs of interest (may be broken across two lines, sorry)

MS Definition of Educational user:
http://www.microsoft.com/education/partner/programs/channel/
edefntn.asp

MS Education homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/education/

MS Internet Explorer Administration Kit:
http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ie3/ieak.htm

Netscape Administration Kit:
http://home.netscape.com/comprod/products/navigator/version_3.0/
management/admin/index.html