Slanted Web Sites

George Jenkins gjenkins at hbs.edu
Fri May 9 16:00:18 EDT 1997

At 12:48 PM 5/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Please excuse the cross posting of this message.
>
>I'm in the process of building a unit on Media/Web literacy.  I need the
>URL's of web sites with slanted, biased, prejudiced and otherwise distorted
>information to use as examples - sites created by, (if they exist), groups
>such as the Klu Klux Klan, the Neo Nazi party, White Supremacy groups, or
>any other extremist organization for example.  If you've come across this
>kind of site (or any other where you felt the information was deliberately
>misleading, slanted or biased), please let me know.
>
>If I get enough sites, I'll mount them on a Web page so others can use them
>in a similar type situation.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>

>John Goldsmith,   Fraser Valley Distance Education School
>http://www.fvrcs.gov.bc.ca   e-mail: jgoldsmi at rainbow.fvrcs.gov.bc.ca

John:

"If you get enough sites..."?  That's a laugh!

Try this web site.  It has plenty of good fodder for your project:

The Hate Page of The Week
http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~efx/hpotw.html

I hope that this helps.

George

-----
The easiest way to predict the future is to invent it.
		- Anonymous
-----
George Jenkins                617.495.6837 (voice)
Business Information Analyst  617.496.3725 (fax)
Research Services             GJenkins at hbs.edu
Baker Library # 215           http://library.hbs.edu/
Harvard Business School       http://www.hbs.edu