site comparing query syntax?

Dr. F. J. Devadason devdsn at rccsun.ait.ac.th
Fri May 9 04:00:06 EDT 1997

In the following paper at section 4.2 there is a comparison chart for text
retrieval software.

The building and maintenance of robot based internet search services: A
review of current indexing and data collection methods

                                            Authors
                           T. Koch, A. Ardö, A. Brümmer and S. Lundberg

                    Lund University Library, NetLab, Box 3, S-221 00 Lund,
Sweden

Another concise search engine comparison chart can be found at:

http://www.kcpl.lib.mo.us/search/chart.htm

 Kansas Public Library Site.

At 05:30 PM 5/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Linda Rudell Betts wrote:
>>
>> Okay, I give up.  I've been flexing my researcher muscles and _still_ can't
>> find a site I've seen mentioned a couple of times that enumerates query
>> syntax used by the major search engines (some are boolean, some use - or
>> +).  Seems that I remember the site was maintained in Sweden.  Anyone have
>> this bookmarked like I thought I did?
>
>Believe you want the Internet Scout Sidekicks, at
>http://wwwscout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/toolkit/search/notes/sidekick.html.
>Gives you the option of getting a .gif version, .pdf black & white, .pdf
>color.  Very handy.  Not in Swedish, however.  Also has similar
>"sidekick" for Internet directories.
>
>Bob Williford
>MLS Student (for about another week)
>University of Missouri-Columbia

Another concise search engine comparison chart can be found at:

http://www.kcpl.lib.mo.us/search/chart.htm

     		Dr. F.J. Devadason, Associate Director,
    		Center for Library and Information Resources,
     		Asian Institute of Technology,
      		P.O. Box : 4,
      		Klong Luang,        Tel	(66-2) 524-5855
      		PATHUMTHANI - 12120 Fax	(66-2) 524-5870