Libraries, WWW, Porn.

Skip Booth sb0026 at epfl2.epflbalto.org
Fri Mar 28 12:35:42 EST 1997

Have you ever heard of the Library of Alexandria? We are professionals
trained in listening to patron queries, determining the information
needs expressed, searching for the answers and making sure that
information retrieved meets the information needs of the patron. We are
the Value Added. To facilitate the service because of various
limitations, size of building, budget, etc. we develop collections to
best meet our patrons' needs. With the internet we have an opportunity
to pull from a tremondous repository of information that transcends the
physical and fiscal limitations of our buildings and provide our patrons
with information they otherwise would not be able to access or could not
access in a timely fashion. This is critical in the fast pace world
today where we are being asked  increasingly complex and sophisticated
questions. Public Libraries will not survive far into the next millenium
as anything more than reading rooms with access to the internet!

Skip Booth
Information System Support Manager
Anne Arundel County Public Library
5 Harry S Truman Parkway