censorship etc. etc. etc.

KnauffM KnauffM at dsmo.com
Tue Mar 25 15:34:05 EST 1997

     All this discussion of censorship and pornography and teenagers
     reminds me of a story my mother used to tell me (she was also a
     librarian).
     One of her first jobs was at a public library, and she often had to
     eject teenagers who were getting rowdy because they were reading the
     dictionary.  Yes, the dictionary.  They were looking up all the
     naughty words they could think of and getting all giggly about it.
     So...are we going to get rid of dictionaries now?  :-)

     Margareta Knauff
     Electronic Services Librarian
     Dickstein Shapiro Morin & Oshinsky LLP
     knauffm at dsmo.com

     "The more things change, the more they stay the same" (or something
     like that anyway...)