Pull the plug -- libraries aren't common carriers

Christopher Jackson cjackson at monroe.lib.in.us
Tue Mar 25 14:21:08 EST 1997

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Nick Arnett wrote:

> At 03:54 PM 3/24/97 -0500, Christopher Jackson wrote:
>
> >When you look at our mission, the value goes up as you
> >provide more resources for the same cost.
>
> That is only true if the ability to consume the resource rises as the same
> rate as the supply.

Ah!  Good thing there's a public library in my community that not only
provides access to the 'Net, but also provides a professional staff of
librarians whose primary responsibility is to help you zero in on the
information you seek.

    Christopher Jackson                      cjackson at monroe.lib.in.us
    Reference Librarian                      voice: (812) 876-1272
    Monroe County Public Library             fax: (812) 876-2515
    Ellettsville, IN  47429                  http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/