AltaVista: Required Terms: Part II

Christine Smith cbsmith at hypervigilance.com
Tue Mar 25 12:20:17 EST 1997

I, too, was beginning to think my assumptions about Alta Vista's "+"
character results were wrong, and tried the browsers I have out on the
problem.  Nope.  Still returns more results than the first term listed, no
matter which ones I use.

This is very weird, and I would love to see the problem resolved or confirmed.

Any chance we can get a ruling from an Alta Vista programmer on this?

Christine
Have you filled out my webmaster survey yet?
http://www.hypervigilance.com/wpp/

Christine B. Smith --  USC Annenberg PhD Candidate
cbsmith at hypervigilance.com, cbsmith at usc.edu