JAWS software on internet access PC in a public library setting

Cheryl L. Bell clbell at lahontan.clan.lib.nv.us
Mon Mar 24 11:07:54 EST 1997

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Lydia Williams wrote:
> We are considering purchasing the JAWS software package for use on one =
> of our internet-access PCs in order to enable visually impaired patrons =
> to use the PC.  We run Navigator 3.0 and Explorer 3.0 as well as several =
> ready reference products and a word processor on a Windows 95 client on =
> an NT network.  We would use a Kurzweil (model # 7315-60) as the voice =
> synthesizer and a Pentium PC with 16MB RAM as the workstation.

We are in the process of purchasing WebSpeak for our "accessible"
Internet stations.  We have two patrons that use it at home and love it.
It is easy to use, and works great in the graphical invironment. You can
find out more at http://www.prodworks.com    Hope this helps.
|  Nevada     |    Cheryl L. Bell
|   State     |    ADA/Media Access Coordinator & Webmaster
|    Library  |    E-mail:  clbell at clan.lib.nv.us
| *     &     |    Phone:     (702) 687-8346
 \    Archives|    Fax:       (702) 687-8330
   \          |    TDD:       (702) 687-8338
     \        |    USnail:    100 N. Stewart Street
       \    __|               Carson City, NV 89701
         \__\      Visit us at URL:  http://www.clan.lib.nv.us