downloading

Dave Bostrom dbostrom at netdcl.dakota.lib.mn.us
Sat Mar 22 11:24:01 EST 1997

As suggested by Charles Bearden on 3/19, I downloaded the MS Word Viewer
and installed it on our public Netscape PC.  I chose the installation
option to make it the default application for .doc files.  When I
looked at the Netscape helper application screen I saw that it was now set
as the helper--the installation process must have changed it.

But now when I open a Word file from Netscape (File/Open File), it still
uses the regular Microsoft Word (which is installed in a totally different
folder).  What's going on?  This is Windows 95 & Navigator 3.01.  Thanks
for any tips.

              Dave Bostrom        dbostrom at dakota.lib.mn.us
              Dakota County Library  ----  Burnhaven branch
              1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville, MN  55306
              612-898-7115 (voice)       612-435-3476 (fax)