Intranet Discussion Groups

Vivian Hung vhung at oma.org
Fri Mar 21 09:50:41 EST 1997

   Thanks to those who replied. Not only the newsgroups but the websites
   mentioned in the messages are very useful. Here's a summary.

   Vivian Hung
   vivian_hung at oma.org

Date:    3/19/97 8:11 AM

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Vivian Hung wrote:

>   Can anyone point me to listservs or Usenet news groups on intranet for
>   librarians? Many thanks.

I'm putting together some resources for our own Intranet at:

http://library.usask.ca/~scottp/intranet/resources.html

and will list mailing lists and newsgroups as I find them.

I'm also thinking of setting up a WWWBoard for librarians to discuss
Intranet-related information. Would that be useful?

   From: sed at netcom.com
   Date: 3/18/97 6:15 pm

   i am a librarian running such a list, open to non librarians of course.
   please send a one line message containing the single word subscribe to:

   intranet-request at kensho.com

   the 180+ subscriber intranet list and accompanying web site:
   <http://www.kensho.com/hip/> are temporarily frozen as they migrate with
   me to a new job, but we should be back online and hosted by
   www.cyberworks.net or www.interactivate.com shortly.

   there is also a quiet european intranet list called intranet-lijst, and
   a comp.*.intranet newsgroup was recently approved (hasn't shown up on my
   news server yet). you'll find links to these and heck-a-plenty other
   intranet stuff at the url above.

   HTH!
   --sean :-)
   sean dreilinger, mlis