Help! Links w/Lynx don't work

Andrea Duda duda at library.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 17 18:29:04 EST 1997

Looking at the source file for this page shows things like this:

	<LI><STRONG>Web search tools [<A HREF="http://altavista.
	digital.com/">Alta Vista</A> || <A HREF="http://www.
	webcrawler.com/">Webcrawler</A> || <A HREF="http://
	www.lycos.com/">Lycos</A> || <A HREF="http://www.excite.
	com/">Excite</A> ]</STRONG>

Apparently Netscape can handle URLs that are split across two lines, but
Lynx cannot.  When I edited the page so that URLs were on a single line,
Lynx was able to connect to all the search engines without a problem.

                                Andrea L. Duda
                    Networked Information Access Coordinator
           Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara
                         E-mail: duda at library.ucsb.edu
                     InfoSurf: http://www.library.ucsb.edu