grouppolicy under W95

Ulrich Babiak ubabiak at dom.de
Mon Mar 10 12:42:16 EST 1997

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Wil Vree wrote:
> What we now try to do is go and use grouppolicy as described in the W95
> resource guide. The advantage would be that you can maintain policy's by
> group instead of per user. We've installed it from the W95 cdrom from
> the ADMIN\APPTOOLS\POLEDIT directory and enabled grouppol.
> We've made a group backupoperators just like was available in Windows-NT.
> After that we tried to login as a member of this group,
> but unfortunately this did not lead to the desired result.
> Does anyone know why this doesn't work.

Better don't ask why but live with it ...
I didn't get it working either, so I end up with copying and pasting
(create new user, copy existing user and paste contents into
the new users profile)
Not very comfy, but it works.

Regards,
UB

Ulrich Babiak                         StadtBibliothek Koeln
ubabiak at stbib-koeln.de               postbox at stbib-koeln.de
Webmaster / Netzbetreuung              Josef-Haubrich-Hof 1
                                                50676 Koeln