Two Quick Techie Questions

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Mon Mar 10 09:17:52 EST 1997

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997 RBerkman at aol.com wrote:
> 1. When pulling down a menu of choices from a web site, is there a way to
> copy or print that list? As soon as one lets go of the mouse button, the menu
> listing disappears.

No browser that I know of supports this.  You can typically view the source
HTML file for a page and print that, though.

> 2. Some sites that have ads that continually refresh themselves seem to make
> it impossible to click on a link since the site thinks it is still loading
> the page. Even the "stop" sign to stop loading is disabled during this
> period. How does one stop an ad from keep loading/refreshing on and off so
> one can click on a link?

I think you are being confused by GIF animation, which is a graphics file
with multiple images.  A browser will infinitely cycle through all of the
images.  In any case, most browsers will let you select a link at any time,
even while the browser is loading graphics on a page; you don't need to wait
for the page to be completed before selecting a link.

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                      pem at po.cwru.edu
Library Information Technologies         http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html