Web 4 special libraries

tormond tormond at localnet.com
Fri Mar 7 14:00:24 EST 1997

To Web4lib,

My apologies. The intent of my quick note was not to offend anyone on
the list but merely to support a fellow subscriber who seemed to be in a
similar situation.

As Ernest said, "Web4lib is a superior resource," and I agree. I have
gained much from subscribing. However, as with most aspects of my life I
am always looking for ways to optimize my time. Many of the issues
talked about here are certainly similar if not the same as in my
workplace, but many are not (i.e. censorship, filtering, public access
terminals, etc.). For me, finding a list closest to my situation is
ultimately going to afford me more time to add value to it.

Some web-related business issues of interest to me are:
*Knowledge Management
*Groupware/Lotus Notes
*Intranets/Extranets
*Realtime newsfeeds
*Conferencing
*Telephony
*Online Competitive Intelligence
*Remote dial-in and faxing
*Personal computers/laptops
*Marketing/advertising corporate sites

Having thrown those issues on the table, I am in no way saying these are
more important than issues discussed on Web4lib. *More importantly,
Kathy, I'm not so sure my users can read, think or spell any better than
yours!!!*

Hope, thank you for recommending the SLA list. I recently became a
member of SLA and am happy to hear about SLA-DITE.

For me, subscribing to a very targeted list and tapping into the rich
resources of many lists through archives is what its all about.

Nick, I loved the analogy:
"Celebrate -- if the child is healthy, it'll be a sign of the parent's
great success."

Tracey Ormond
CSC Weston Group
tormond at csc.com