updating a 'What's New' page

Laura B. Cohen LCOHEN at cnsvax.albany.edu
Thu Mar 6 17:21:52 EST 1997

I also keep a What's New page in order to avoid sending lengthy
e-mail messages to the staff. This was my previous--and tedious--
method.

Now, I keep a separate What's New file that is linked to the main
screen of my library's home page. The file (i.e., page) is
divided into sections that correspond to the sections of
the site itself. Every time I add a link somewhere, I copy
and paste the link into the appropriate section of the What's
New file.

And more: I paste each new link to the *top* of each
section's list. Over time, I erase the older links at the
bottom of the list within each section. This keeps the newest
links at the top of each list.

All this actually takes just a moment to accomplish.

If there are truly important new links I want to report to
the staff, I still send out e-mail distribution messages.
But I do this far, far less now that I have the What's New file.

  -- Laura Cohen

          Laura B. Cohen
          Network Services Librarian
          University Libraries UL-140
          University at Albany
          Albany, New York  12222          LCOHEN at CNSVAX.ALBANY.EDU