Advice on Web Strategy

Christine Smith cbsmith at hypervigilance.com
Thu Mar 6 11:56:22 EST 1997

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Bill Jupp requested comments and Diane
Madrigal made some good ones.  Echoing her, published style
guides are an excellent means to achieve consistency across
multi-authored pages hosted by a central site.  Before I left
the Naval Postgraduate School to move here to the DC area, I
created several templates for various pages of different
functions, with the links to the necessary disclaimer pages
already built in and a directory of several hundred style
elements (buttons, nav bars, etc.).  In my experience, content
providers have enough to deal with just keeping the content
current and are grateful for any formatting work done ahead
of time.

Christine
Have you filled out my webmaster survey yet?
http://www.hypervigilance.com/wpp/

Christine B. Smith --  USC Annenberg PhD Candidate
cbsmith at hypervigilance.com, cbsmith at usc.edu