CDA

Dianne L Parham DZP at library.sannet.gov
Fri Jun 27 07:26:10 EDT 1997

So now that we know that kids can learn to make drugs on the Internet, I
imagine we should filter out everything that is remotely drug related.
Darn, that would eliminate information on penicillin, but a small price
to pay.  And we know violence leads to negative child hood behavior, so
we need to edit out anything related to violence, including guns,
football, basketball.  Let's see, we have to be sensitive to the Southern
Baptists banning Disney, so out go those sites.  So where does it end,
Ronnie, where does it end????  I agree with the woman who said we are
spending so much time fretting about pornography and we have children
dying from drugs, violence, and starvation.  Why are putting so much
energy into a topic that would bore the socks off most kids?  Of
course, the kids can't access the Socks website because the
Republicans and dog lobbysts find it offensive.  Dianne
Parham, San Diego Public Library, speaking for myself and myself alone