CDA

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Jun 27 11:25:58 EDT 1997

Ronnie Morgan wrote:

> At 09:37 PM 6/26/97 -0500, Jim Hurd wrote:
> >
> >       If a libraian tried to keep legally availble information away
> from
> >my children, I would have a law suit in their face before he/she
> could say
> >"Jerry Falwell."  You can talk about *your* children, but don't talk
> about
> >*our* children.  There is no us, pal.
>
> I find it odd that you want you kids to see porn.
>
> And I think if a form of the CDA that was tested and passed, wouldn't
> it
> then be illegal?  So, you wouldn't be able to sue the library.
> Actually,
> there would be no one to sue.
>
> Ronnie

When such discussions degrade to presonal attacks and accusations it is
time to move them out of this public arena into persoanl messages.
Nobody benefits from this type of name calling and discussion.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902

E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/
SUNYLA'97: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/sunyla/sunyla97.htm