_Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in MARC Databases_

Julie Yang julie.yang at ibid.library.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 26 10:18:25 EDT 1997

Knowbot (uncommercial so far and  it is developed at Georgia Tech under Dr.
Alan Porter's guidance) looks promising. It is up to v3 now and it has being
used by defense and army research tanks, as well as some other research and
business situations. Now our library hope  to work with the product so that
it can be librarians's intelligent tool. The Knowbot searchs our library
databases (most of article citation databases)  and do some "mining" and
analysis based on user's interests. The primary purpose of the product is
for technolgy analysis and forcasting. The results are usually great (from
the users). My wonder  is what our interests (needs or wants) are  - wish
list  which would like "agent" to do for us.

Julie Yang, Library,  Geogia Institute of technology, (404)-894-1389