HTML formatter

Christopher Locke clocke at panix.com
Wed Jun 25 10:41:32 EDT 1997

At 09:11 AM 6/25/97 -0700, Bob Jones wrote:

>Anyone know of a freeware/shareware package or Internet site that will
>reformat one's HTML code (alignment, consistent tag cases, matching
>openings with closings, etc.)  after it's been hacked and rehacked?

check out CSE 3310 HTML Validator at http://www.htmlvalidator.com/

It won't reformat it for you -- I wouldn't trust that to any
tool -- but it'll point out all kinds of errors and problems.
This works especially well with the superb Homesite HTML editor
-- you can run Validator from within the editor and double-click
the error msgs to go right to the line that needs fixing.
Homesite is available from

   http://www.allaire.com/products/homesite/overview.cfm

best

chris