selecting a search engine for a library web site

Eleclibrn at aol.com Eleclibrn at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 09:04:28 EDT 1997

We (Neal-Schuman Publishers) are, in fact, publishing just such a guide next
month.  Entitled _The Neal-Schuman Authoritative Guide to Web Search
Engines_, it's written by three librarians (Susan Maze, David Moxley, and
Donna J. Smith) who describe a model search engine robot and then objectively
compare the performance of seven search engines.

The book is in press now and will come out in late July.  More details are
available on our Web site (http://www.neal-schuman.com; look under "Internet
Books").

Charles Harmon
Director, Acquisitions & Development